Cheese Pinwheels





This is from the cookbook my Mom bought me for my bridal shower The All New Purity CookBook
Pre heat oven to 450
Blend or sift together
2 Cups all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
Cut in finely
1/3 cup shortening
Add
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
Stir with a fork to make a soft dough.
Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead gently 8 to 10 times. Roll to a 9" square. Brush with melted butter or margarine. Sprinkle with 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese. Roll up as for a jelly roll; seal the edges.
Cut into tweleve 3/4" thick slices. Place in greased medium-sized muffin cup or close together on a greased baking sheet (I used cake pans). Bake in oven for 12 to 15 minutes.













2 comments:

Carol said...

glad to see you liked your gift

save me one I want to try it.

pei girl said...

they sure look yummyyyyy bet they went great with a hot cup of tea have an awesome day Kelli and thank you for the sweet card (hugs)